Sixteen Reasons to Keep Cats
1. Cats are less likely to be hit by a car when crossing the living room than when crossing the street.
2. Their owners are less apt to have fleas, fungus, or rabies than free- roaming animals are.
3. Their owners are less likely to bite them than free-roaming animals are.
4. There is less chance of getting caught in a steel-jaw, leghold trap.
5. When it's ten o'clock at night, their owners will always know where they are.
6. Birds will like them better.
7. Crotchety neighbors will like them better.
8. They will never come home looking like something the cat dragged in.
9. It will be more difficult for people to steal them.
10. They will not get shot at as often.
11. They will not disappear as often.
12. Their owners will never have to bail them out of the local pound.
13. They sleep most of the time anyway.
14. Their owners will not have to go calling all over the neighborhood for them when it's time for dinner.
15. Their owners will not find as many dead, dying, or dismembered small animals on the doorstep.
16. They will live longer, happier lives, and so will their owners.